Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Topic 5

Q: You have almost completed this semester, so, how do you view Critical Literacy now? If you have any comments and suggestions, please do so as it helps for the betterment of the course as a whole.

In my opinion, Critical Literacy give lots of knowledge and experience to me. In Critical Literacy, I learn Rules of 10 whereby I have to do lots of analysis and research on an article. This made me to improve in my researching skill as I have to study not only about the article, but also about the writer, which are, does the writer has the capability to write those kinds of articles and does he or she is credible enough to write on that kind of text.

I also gain the skill to think more thoroughly about a particular topic and situation. What is more important is that I learn to be patience and analysis more on a certain thing as in not to judge things too fast and without evidence to make a justification. This has made me a better person and makes me to think more thoroughly before I speak out my own opinion.

My personal opinion is that the technique and style of learning from my lecturer in this semester is very informative and beneficial as it helps me a lot to understand about this subject and to finish my assignments.

I would like to suggest that from the beginning, one of the exercises would be about movies that a bit interesting as the one that me and my class have watched before.

6 comments:

  1. I agreed with jiha's view which are this particular of subject is very informative and brings lot of benefit to us. This is due to the technique that we've learned through this subject which need us to do a research first before come out with any assumption. This is one of the best subject to learn I guess because it make students being more open and more critical in their thinking skill even though it seems difficult to learn from the beginning��

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same opinion as jiha, which is this subject do really give us lots of information. Because, when we learn about this subject we need to do a research which can give us lots of information without we realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Najihah, you are good in giving positive feedback but do you really mean it? I dont think CL has helped and changed students because as far as im concern CL will forever become a killer subject to student. If they stop procrastinate, then CL will change and give benefits to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything could be hard when u dont like something. Procrastinating would be depend on the students even if its not a CL subject. As far as im concern, im actually applying CL method whenever im watching movies, dramas or even readig a book as im thinking thorouhly why the director or the writer produce something like that.

      Delete
  5. I agreed with that since even though cl was such a 'killer ' subject but it did help a lots in the way we think in positive way. I also has a same thought that learning by movies actually much more fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete